- Specializing in all levels of contemporary guitar instruction, beginning classical guitar, jazz theory, and improvisation.
- Contributor to Downbeat Publications Jazz Styles and Analysis (1979)
- Author of two guitar instruction manuals funded by ACC mini grants
- Host and lecturer for performance/master classes with artists including Gene Bertoncini, Bucky Pizzarelli, Jackie King, Irwin Mayfield, Ron Brown, and Mitch Watkins
- Participant in the National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences "Grammy in the Schools."
- A wide variety of professional playing experience including concerts, club dates, casuals, jingles, and album recording sessions.
- Outstanding Performance by a Jazz Instrumentalist in Downbeat magazine's Student Music Awards, 1992
- Orchestra/Stage work includes engagements with Dave Brubeck, Austin Symphony, Bernadette Peters, Carol Channing, Rich Little, Martha and the Vandellas, and Joel Grey.
- Broadway touring productions of Fiddler on the Roof, A Chorus Line, Chicago, and Tommy Tune Tonight. Also jazz concerts with Carla Bley and Steve Swallow, David "Fathead" Newman, Billy Hart, and Roscoe Mitchell.
- Founding member of the group Quizumba, winners of the Austin Chronicle poll for Best Latin Band in 1987-1988.
- Co-founder of the group Susanna Sharpe and the Samba Police, winners of the Chronicle Poll in 1991, 1992, and 1994.
- Founding member of the Afro-Pop group Tamasha Africana.
- Lucky Oceans Lucky Steels the Wheel (Blind Pig Records)
- Joe Scruggs Late Last Night (Educational Graphics Press)
- Joe Scruggs Traffic Jams (Educational Graphics Press)
- Dan Del Santo DV8 (Pleasure Records)
- CO2 RadioActive (Creop Muse)
- Will Taylor Reel Life (Amazing Records)
- Samba Police A Musica das Almas (self-produced)
- Tina Marsh Circle of Light (Creop Muse)
- Floyd Domino Sleepy in Seattle (Golliber Records)
- Tamasha Africana Tamasha Africana (self-produced)
- Rick Lawn Boundaries (Seabreeze Records)
- Miss Lavelle (upcoming release from Antone's Records)
- Los Jazz Vatos Los Jazz Vatos (Vague Ideas)
- Numerous jingle and soundtrack credits.
- Southwest Texas State University 1991-1993 (MM in Composition)
- University of North Texas State 1976-1979 (BA in Music)
- University of Texas at Austin 1972-1975
- Full-Time Assistant Professor at Austin Community College 1994-present
- Graduate Teaching Assistant at Southwest Texas State 1991-1994
- Adjunct Professor at Austin Community College 1982-1995
- Private Instruction in Austin, TX 1980-1986
- Private Instruction in the Boston area 1979